Oct. 22, 2009
CBC Magazine Names Top 10 Success Stories of 2009
CLEVELAND — Cleveland Business Connects (CBC) Magazine, by vote of its 15-person editorial advisory board, is proud to honor 10 Northeast Ohio companies and organizations that have exemplified entrepreneurial success in 2009.
Each of the 10 companies and organizations will be profiled in a first-ever supplement to CBC’s November/December double-issue, which will hit the streets the week of Nov. 16. The companies, in alphabetical order, are:
- Avtron Holdings — Based in Independence, the technology company provides automatic test equipment, automation systems, and products to industries ranging from aviation to paper mills. http://www.avtron.com
- Cleveland Foodbank — The Foodbank solicits donated food and nonfood products from food manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, and community groups and distributes it to more than 450 agencies that serve the needy in Northeast Ohio. http://www.clevelandfoodbank.org
- Fairmount Group — The Cleveland Heights-based firm was established in 2006 as an independent communications management consultancy, serving businesses and select nonprofit organizations. http://www.thefairmountgroup.com
- Findley Davies — The multi-regional, independent, fee-for-service firm specializes in human resource consulting and actuarial and administrative services from its Downtown Cleveland office. http://www.findleydavies.com
- From the Blue Bag — Represented in more than 60 retail stores around the country, the North Olmsted-based company uses recycled products in the production of its specialty gifts. http://fromthebluebag.com
- Little Italy Preservation Partners — The development firm in Warrensville Heights develops first-class luxury housing and mixed-use properties throughout Northeast Ohio. http://www.27coltman.com
- North Coast Education Services — Based in Solon, the organization provides in-home tutoring services for children, all ages and all subjects, throughout Northeast Ohio. http://www.northcoasted.com
- Perspectus Architecture — The Shaker Square-based firm provides creative solutions in master planning, design, and project management, primarily in healthcare. http://www.perspectusarch.com/
- PlayhouseSquare — The performing arts center presents and produces a wide variety of performing arts, advances arts education, and makes Downtown Cleveland a destination for entertainment business and housing. http://www.playhousesquare.com/
- Polaris Career Center — Located in Middleburg Heights, the school offers career-path programs for 11th- and 12th-grade high school students, career-technical and special interest courses for adults, and on-site corporate training and consulting services for business and industry. http://www.polaris.edu/
Each of the 10 companies was nominated by a CBC reader. A total of 50 nominations were received between Sept. 1 and Oct. 15, all of which were reviewed and ranked by CBC’s editorial advisory board. CBC thanks each individual who took the time to nominate, and we look forward to soon covering some of the companies and organizations that did not make the Top 10 list.
Anyone interested in advertising in the Top 10 supplement should contact Advertising Director Jackie Van Meter at Jackie@cbcmagazine.com
(If you’d like to be removed from this mailing list, please respond accordingly to this message.)
About CBC Magazine: Established in 2007, CBC Magazine is business-to-business magazine that concentrates on corporate trends, networking, and special events and is delivered throughout Northeast Ohio to 20,000 sales and marketing executives, event planners, human resource directors, public relations professionals, vice presidents of corporations, and female entrepreneurs. For further information, visit www.cbcmagazine.com <http://www.cbcmagazine.com> .