By Katherine Miracle
- Profile your top customers and check if you are marketing where they live, work, and play.
- Offer an audit/assessment to customers. You get feedback, and customers input their email addresses.
- Lay out all marketing materials and have your best customers give feedback. Ask your top customers to join your marketing advisory board.
- Set Google alerts on your target market characteristics and behavior patterns.
- Discount for all who support or bring an item for a cause. Partner with charity to co-op market.
- Let your customers test-drive your product. Example: speaking at events, sharing your expertise and blogging.
- VIP service, membership into club that provides events, VIP seating or exclusive benefits.
- Referral cards with discounts must have value. Provide an incentive fee for all referrals.
- Build a virtual sales force. Include all contacts: holiday greeting lists, all contacts from college, and associations, and enter all cards as you receive them. You must be diligent and timely to ensure all information is in Excel or another contact software, then transferred to Constant Contact. When the database is built, add to an emarketing campaign, i.e., Constant Contact.
- Rule of three: Three virtual sales force members recommend you prior to any interview or potential client meeting.
- Mentors whom open doors: Secure one mentor and build a reciprocal relationship, based on sharing advice.
- Second-wave referrals: Learn from the wedding industry. The bride is the customer, but vendors who do invitations, bands, and caterers all can refer each other. The vendors share the same target market but do not compete. Who shares your target market but is not a competitor? Start building these relationships today to secure more referrals.
Katherine Miracle is the founder and owner of Miracle Resources, a consulting, training, and educational resource for businesses and nonprofits. Her websites are www.katherinemiracle.com and www.miracleresources.com. She can be reached at 330.777.2003 ext. 100 and email@example.com.